The vacuum cleaner helps you clean the whole house, but you should also remember that this appliance also needs to be cleaned and disinfected. In addition, a clean and disinfected vacuum cleaner means cleaner air and less fine dust in the house.
– Unplug the vacuum cleaner.
– Remove the residue from the dust container or bag, or change the paper bag with a new one.
– Clean the vacuum cleaner filter and rinse it with water in which you added a few drops of dish soap.
– Cleaning the vacuum cleaner filter won’t have that unpleasant dirt smell anymore.
– Unfold a wire hanger until it becomes straight. Use it to snake the hose and other hard-to-reach areas of the vacuum cleaner where hair or threads are gathered.
– Wrap paper towels or wet a cloth on the tail of a broom and catch the end with duct tape. Use it to clean the entire vacuum cleaner hose, taking care not to pepper it.
– To disinfect the hose, moisten a clean cloth in a concentrated white vinegar solution and repeat the above procedure.
– Don’t use the vacuum cleaner until the smell of vinegar has completely disappeared, which means that all components have dried out.
– Clean all vacuum cleaner accessories such as carpet brushes in the vinegar solution.
– Use vinegar or alcohol to disinfect all parts that come in direct contact with the dirty surfaces in the house.
– Take great care! Vinegar don’t have to reach the rubber parts of the vacuum cleaner as this rubber can’t withstand the corrosive effect of the acid over time.
Image Credits: Electroluxgroup