The beddings can face with a lot of “aggression” not only because we are clumsy and spill over them all sort of ingredients (most of them containing fat) but also the toxins our body eliminates during sleep are deteriorating our beddings. The sweat and the fats we produce at the body level can leave traces over the bed linen. Most of the time, we believe that a simple laundry service will solve this problem, but it’s not true. It will only provide a nice and pleasant perfume due to the laundry softener we use, and that’s all. For remarkable bedding cleaning, you should try some cleaning hacks that will prolong the life of your favorite beddings, and it will leave a pleasant smell for days after doing the laundry.
What do you need?
- Dish soap – yes, the ordinary dishwashing detergent we keep on the kitchen sink. It dissolves fats.
- Borax – a natural ingredient that gets rid of unpleasant smells and whitens the fabrics.
- White organic vinegar – is a natural conditioner and neutralizes odors.
What do you have to do?
1. Add in the detergent compartment the usual laundry detergent you use for your
sheets. The cleaning temperature must be the highest.
2. Now, add 2-3 teaspoons of dish soap over the laundry (in the washing machine), and
then sprinkle a quarter of a cup of borax over the laundry.
3. Add the vinegar in the laundry softener compartment, and start the longest washing
cycle, preferably the one for extremely dirty clothes, which has a long-lasting
softening program. You will see that when you remove the laundry from the washer
it will look just like when you bought it and don’t be scared, because they won’t
smell like vinegar! It will have a pleasant and neutral smell.