Most housewives hate cleaning the shower or the tub. It’s that cleaning task that you often postpone it. I’ll never understand why, but every time I was cleaning these bathroom fittings they wouldn’t look as clean as I expected. Even after repeated scrubbing.
And I discovered the secret! If you live in an area with hard water, the soap scum combined with the minerals in the water will form an impenetrable layer of extra-scum that will be even more difficult to clean.
Fortunately, there is a way in removing these annoying hard water deposits mixed with soap scum. In addition, this absolutely effective method in removing soap scum build up from your tub and shower is chemical-free. It seems that it’s possible to live in a chemical-free environment and still have a shiny bathtub or shower.
Already curious? Well, check out this great homemade tub and shower cleaner that will definitely change your perception about cleaning.
Ingredients Needed (you probably have the ingredients in your kitchen):
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup of Dawn dish liquid
- Spray bottle
- Start by warming 1 cup of vinegar in your microwave for 45 seconds – 1 minute. Warming the vinegar helps it mix with the thicker dish liquid a little easier.
- Next, pour 1 cup of warm distilled white vinegar and 1 cup of Dawn dish liquid into a clean spray bottle.
- Replace the spray bottle lid and shake well before each use.
How To Use:
1. Spray the entire bathtub and shower walls with the tub and shower cleaner and let sit for 20-30 minutes. The smell of this cleaner is pretty vinegar heavy, so you may want to open a window or run the exhaust fan. No worries…once the cleaning is over, the smell will dissipate.
2. Once the cleaner has had time to sit, use a scrub brush or scrub sponge to gently clean the soap scum away. You shouldn’t have to really scrub much because the cleaner does most of the job for you.
3. Once you’ve gotten your bathtub, shower and/or shower doors clean, rinse them well with warm/hot water.