If rust installed on your cast-iron bathtub, then you should do something about it because I’m pretty sure it looks awful and I know that you’ve already tried all sort of remedies to remove that bad-looking rust stains.
Anyhow, don’t despair cleaning maniac, because there is a super-effective solution to remove rust stains from your cast-iron bathtub. And the best thing is that you can prepare it at home using some handy ingredients.
The next homemade rust remover is better than any other chemical especially designed for this, because it’s non-toxic and less expensive.
So, you need:
– hydrogen peroxide
– glass jar (500 ml)
– rubber gloves
How to prepare:
– Make sure that the jar to be well clean and dry.
– Put your rubber gloves on to protect your skin.
– Pour 100 ml of ammonia into the clean jar.
– Add 50 g of hydrogen peroxide in the ammonia.
– Shake the jar and stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
– Apply the solution on a cloth and rub the rusty surfaces.
You will see how rust will be easily removed from the bathtub. Also, you can pour the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it over the rusty stains. Of course, use the rough side of a sponge to remove the rust.