If rust has occurred on your cast-iron bathtub, then you should take action immediately because I’m pretty sure it looks awful and I know that you’ve already tried all sort of remedies to remove those ugly stains.
But lucky you, there is a super-effective solution to remove rust stains from your cast-iron bathtub. And the best thing is that you can prepare it at home using some handy ingredients.
The next homemade rust remover is better than any other product because it’s non-toxic and less expensive.
– hydrogen peroxide
– glass jar (17oz)
– rubber gloves
How to prepare:
– Make sure the jar is clean and dry.
– Put your rubber gloves on to protect your skin.
– Put 3/4 cup of ammonia into the jar.
– Pour 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide over the ammonia.
– Shake the jar and stir until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
– Moisten a cloth in this solution and rub the rusty area of the tub.
You will see how rust will be easily removed from the bathtub. Also, you can pour the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it over the rusty stains. Use the rough side of the sponge to remove the rust.