It actually sounds kind of funny when you have to clean the washing machine, but this cleaning appliance needs some cuddling too. Soap residues and grime build up collect on the drum, rubber gasket and in the detergent compartment. If they are not cleaned, then the stink will come out from the washer. Also, your laundry will be affected: moist creates mold – we know that – and all those mold spores will leave on your laundry a horrible smell.
However, you can easily avoid that by cleaning your washer periodically using non-toxic solutions such as vinegar and baking soda! But what would you say if your washer will clean by itself?
Sounds great, I know! There is this incredible non-toxic way that will clean and disinfect the washer while you’re doing other chores…or why not, lying in bed!
So, take a look over the next tutorial and learn how to clean your front-load washer!
- baking soda
- the juice of one lemon
- soft cloths
- Start by removing the detergent compartment.
- Fill the sink with water and add 1 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of vinegar.
- Add the detergent compartment and let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Now, remove the filter and take all that gunk out.
- Use a cloth to absorb all that dirty water, and use another cloth soaked in vinegar to clean the insider of the filter.
- Place the filter in the sink along with the detergent compartment.
- The next step is to clean that moldy rubber gasket.
- Prepare a paste of baking soda and vinegar, and spread it using the toothbrush over the rubber gasket.
- Rub each inch of the rubber gasket to remove nay mold spore.
- Take a cloth soaked in water and wipe all the baking soda paste.
- Throw the remaining baking soda paste into the washer.
- Next step is to use the toothbrush again and clean the detergent compartment very well and the filter, and put all the components back into their place.
- I advise you to take the vinegar cloth and wipe well the inside of the soap dispenser, and use the toothbrush in those hard-to-reach areas.
- Now toss 2 cups of vinegar inside the washer alongside with 2 cups of baking soda.
- Add in the laundry softener compartment the lemon juice and start a hot washing cycle.
- Tip: you can add in the washer the cloths you’ve been using for cleaning the washer.
- After the washing machine ended its cycle, take a cloth and wipe carefully the front door and the drum.
No mold trace, no stink, no grime with zero effort and on a budget!