To be honest, I never appreciated toilet fizzers, until I moved in with my boyfriend into an apartment with only one bathroom. So, toilet deodorizers have become my best friend and I can say that I am an expert in homemade toilet fizzers.
As any other expert, I tried all sort of toilet bomb recipes with different scents, and I can say they are perfect for any bathroom and really useful.
Hence, to bring up the Christmas smell into my home, I’ve made some cinnamon and orange candles which I’ve placed them all over the apartment.
As a personal tip, you can put orange peels on the radiator and your house will smell like oranges for almost a week.
But, the Christmas mood should also be present into the bathroom, so I’ve made some cinnamon toilet fizzers that release the Christmas scent after each flush. My bathroom smells amazing and I’m pretty sure Santa will also love these toilet fizzers.
So, learn to make your own toilet bombs:
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 of citric acid
- spray bottle
- 1/2 cornstarch
- 30 drops of clove essential oil
- 30 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- silicone mold
- 1 tbsp of water
How To Prepare:
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk them to combine.
- Place all wet ingredients in the spray bottle and shake them to combine.
- Mist the dry ingredients 2-3 times and stir until all moisture is absorbed.
- Again, mist the dry ingredients 2-3 times and stir. This time, squeeze a handful of the mixture in your hand to see if a clump forms.
- Repeat step 4 until a clump forms. You’ll know when it’s ready when a clump forms when you squeeze it yet the surrounding mixture still looks like powder. Do not overspray, otherwise, they will start expanding out of the mold.
- When it’s the right consistency, packed into a mold and let dry for 2-3 days. Or, if you are in a rush, bake on warm for 2-4 hours.
- Store in an airtight jar and enjoy cleaning less!