When I first heard about Magic Erasers, I remember running to the store and purchasing one to try it out. So, when I got home, I started using it on about everything: I scrubbed the marker out of the wall, removed scuff marks from baseboards, removed scuff marks from white sneakers, cleaned burnet pans and my glass stove top, and so on. But, the awesomeness lasted for 30 minutes, because I ran out of cleaning sponge.
I must admit that Magic Erasers are really magic. They are useful in most household chores, cleaning almost everything, but, it will make a big hole in your budget if you use it in most household cleaning chores.
So, I decided to prepare my own Magic Erasers and use them in removing most dust and dirt from my house. The best thing about homemade magic erasers is that they cost a few pennies and are as effective as those found in stores.
Needed Supplies And Ingredients:
- melamine foam (you can purchase a large block on Amazon)
- 1/2 tsp. of Borax
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup of hot water
How To Prepare And Use:
- First, place the 1/2 tsp. of Borax in a shallow bowl. Then pour the hot water on top and mix with a fork, spoon or whisk until dissolved.
- Then add the 1 tsp. of baking soda and mix until all powder is dissolved and the water is nearly clear in color.
- Then cut the melamine foam in small blocks and start cleaning away.
How To Use Homemade Magic Erasers In Your Home:
– remove dried paint from door hinges
– remove tarnish from silver
– remove mold & mildew from anything plastic
– clean & polish gold jewelry
– remove soap scum in the tub and shower
– remove marks on walls
– clean splatters inside the microwave
– remove adhesive residue after removing stickers
– remove black scuff marks from baseboards
– remove rust spots & stains on counter top
– remove cooked-on stains in pots and pans
– remove toilet bowl rings
– remove grass stains from shoes after mowing the lawn
– remove soap scum and gunk from around the bathroom faucets
– remove scuff marks and dirt from linoleum floors
– remove stains on leather seats, purses, chairs
– remove crayon marks from walls