Personally, I send all my regards to the one who invented the dishwasher, because it saves a lot of your time, leaving your dishes sparkling clean. It’s one of the best investments I ever made!
But, you probably didn’t know that the dish washer needs a deep cleaning periodically otherwise it will stop functioning due to hard water deposits and other residues. Been there done that!
Being so fascinated about my dish washer, I honestly forgot to give it a deep clean once in a while, and it stopped working one day.
Since my innocent mistake, I learned to clean it thoroughly once every 2 weeks to avoid other incidents.
I read an article once about eco dishwasher cleaning, and I said to give it a try! I’m using this method for months now, and my dishwasher has no trace of lime scale or other residues due to this great vinegar-based cleaning method.
So, don’t spend money on special descale products because the below method is tested and works wonders!
– soft cloths
– paper towels
- Fill the kitchen sink half with water and add 2 cups of vinegar.
- Remove the utensils holders and racks and place them in the kitchen sink.
- Basically, you have to disassemble all removal parts and put them in the sink in the vinegar solution.
- Use the paper towels to remove food debris and gunk.
- Soak a cloth in vinegar and wipe down the inside of the dishwasher, and try not to miss 1 inch of it.
- Reassemble all the compartments.
- Now, add 2 cups of white vinegar to the bottom of the dishwasher and turn the low wash program. At the mid-wash stop the dishwasher and let it stand for 20 minutes, so as the vinegar to set on the bottom of the washer, and then turn on the cycle.
- At the end, wipe out the inside of the dishwasher with paper towels.
That’s all folks!