Wondering how to clean those small crevices or how to remove those breadcrumbs from the keyboard? Well, I stopped wondering months ago when I found the perfect way in removing dust from hard to reach places like remote control, keyboard, piano keys, car, and so on. This is my new “Cleaning Angel” due to its sticky consistency that grabs breadcrumbs from all hard to reach places, leaving a shiny and dust-free area behind.
As a matter of fact, you can prepare this slime cleaner and ask your kids to help you with house chores. Make cleaning a funny task for your kids.
- 2 tablespoons of White School Glue, Elmers or Clag is best
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 4 tablespoons of Borax
- 4 tablespoons of Water
- 2 bowls
How to prepare cleaning slime:
- In the first bowl mix glue and water and in the second bowl mix Borax and Water (if you want some colored slime now is the time to add a few drops of food coloring to the glue mixture).
- Once you have mixed them up, combine both mixtures in one bowl and mix together.
- You will now have a consistency that feels like slime. It will be a wet feel at the moment so play around with it rolling it, molding it until it dries out.
- It should not be dripping water. You know you have the right consistency when you can place it on your bench and it lifts without leaving any residue. It’s now ready to use, have fun!
Clever Ways To Use Cleaning Slime
1. Clean the keyboard
Break the putty up into small balls and pick up the dirt.
2. Clean up your phone or tablet
We all know how much dirt can gather a phone or tablet, especially the case and ports. So, pick up the dirt accumulates in the phone or tablet case with some small pieces of slime.
3. Unclog gunk from a mouse
Back in the time was very easy to clean a mouse: you simply removed the ball and start cleaning the wheels inside. These days, is a bit harder to clean the grease and dirt accumulating around the mouse wheel. Use some cleaning slime to gather the gunk from the mouse buttons and ergonomic grips.
4. Clean car vents
Only imagine the dust accumulating between the grilles of your car’s air vents. Since the distance between the air vents is too narrow, using a cloth or feather duster is not a solution. On the other hand, cleaning slime will definitely help you. Just press the slime onto the grilles and pick up any dust particle or dirt.
5. Pick up dust from any crevice or hard-to-reach area
TV’s, PC’s, Surround system are a few examples that accumulate dust immediately. Just use some cleaning slime to pick up dust from any electronic device.