Lately, most people choose to replace the mundane tiles with granite, so you’ll see it on kitchen counters, bathrooms, floorings, bathroom shelves, everywhere!
But other people choose marble or travertine to decorate their homes, I find it fascinated because any hard stone decorations sends you back in time, creating a fairytale environment.
Well, everything is perfect until it has to be cleaned, because any hard stone surface has porous surface that accumulates dirt, grime and tons of bacteria which will make it hard to clean.
Well, not actually hard to clean! You have to use certain cleaning products especially designed for granite or other hard stone surface, because most all-purpose cleaners are too harsh for this type of material.
Anyhow, instead smacking your brains off searching for the perfect granite cleaner, you can scroll down this article and prepare your own hard stone cleaner.
Well, you need:
– 1/2 cup of plain isopropyl alcohol
– 1 and a half cup of water
– 1/4 teaspoons of liquid dish soap
– 5 drops of essential lemon oil
– spray bottle
– lint-free cloth or mop
How to prepare:
- Just pour all the above ingredients in a spray bottle and shake them well to incorporate.
- Spray over the surface and wait for 1 minute to take effect, and then wipe everything with a lint-free cloth.
- Shake the solution before each use.
Remember: this homemade granite cleaner works wonder for marble, travertine and other hard stone surfaces so use it with confidence.